tank advice...keep the 80 or sell?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speargunpilot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought my first tank in 1998. Served me well. Never any issues. It's a Catalina standard 80. I recently decided to finally upgrade and get 2 steel 120's for $150 (new hydro). Question is... sell the 80? If I do, do I have it hyrdoed first for resale value? Or keep it? I wreck dive and spearfish. I figured the 80 is great for maneuverability. I guess my question is, does anyone else have 120's and 80's and if so do you just use the 120's solely?

Thanks

Mark

I'd keep it for a back-up. You may want it as a stage, extra single or to inflate air matresses. It may not be ideal but it worked for you up until now and it's paid for.

I have 100 HP Steel, 80 AL & HP steel. 72 LP & MP Steel. You do want to log what works best for weights and such acrosss your different suits. Each tank has it's place.

Being a 13 year old Catalina it has good resale potential. I'd be inclined to get it recommissioned to use or sell.

You can't have too many cylinders.

Pete

I agree with Pete, I'd keep it. I have like 14 or so tanks, that all get used in some capacity. The other reason to keep it is used 80's are basically a dime a dozen. I found a Catalina 80 for sale around the corner from me, about the same age as yours for $50, I just missed out on it. For the sake of $50 I'd keep it as a backup.

Not even an issue, ya keep it.

I agree with Pete, I'd keep it. I have like 14 or so tanks, that all get used in some capacity. The other reason to keep it is used 80's are basically a dime a dozen. I found a Catalina 80 for sale around the corner from me, about the same age as yours for $50, I just missed out on it. For the sake of $50 I'd keep it as a backup.

I just snagged 2 AL80s and an AL30 for $50 total. Out of hydro. I love craigs list:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

I too agree with Pete. Keep It. You never know when it'll come in handy, and you'll be glad you kept it.

keep it. I have two hP120's two hp 80's, couple of lp72's and a few al30's and 40's. Was looking for 80's as stages and for reg repair since the yoke is easier than unscrewing din's but the 72's have pro valves so do the al's i got, but wouldn't complain about having a few 80's for stage/deco

You should sell them! They will end up taking up space in your closet!! PM me your info and I'll take them off your hands!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom