Tank cam strap assembled incorrectly at factory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was the sound of sweet satisfaction of me threading and rethreading my Halcyon cam bands... Oh wait, let me do it again...there done...wasn't that easy?

:wink:

Looking at both pictures, it's wrong. With the 'curve' of the buckle matching the curve of the tank, the velcro needs to be on the outside.

send it back...

O-ring once bubbled...
That was the sound of sweet satisfaction of me threading and rethreading my Halcyon cam bands... Oh wait, let me do it again...there done...wasn't that easy?

:wink:

Yea but my wing nuts are silent.

Tom

Funny thing,
My Halcyon straps DIDN'T come ANY more threaded OR with ANY instructions whenI bought them from a so-called HALCYON dealer either...

Nice try boys - grow up.

You guys will jump thru hoops to show a guy how to make a flippin bungee necklace or a inflator hose bungee, when the formate suits YOUR diving style.

Too bad this message board is loaded with bias and opinions - that unfortunately, some take for 'gospel.'

You guys need to grow up and stop all the 'I told you so' self-glorified crap.

No wonder all my dive friends 'shunned' DIR totally. It turned them off all this gospel-like preaching of your inherited styles of Godly-like diving.

Go play with someone who's got more time for fun and games....

You guys are classic examples of my Psych class on behavioral disorders. Perhaps you guys bumped your heads on your Frontal Lobes a tad to much getting IN and OUT of your Godly Halcyon rigs?

Scuba446 once bubbled...
Go play with someone who's got more time for fun and games....

But we're having fun playing with YOU.

Actually Pud, we were trying to help you. Taking the thing to the shop is the simplist and fastest way to get it sorted out.

Tom

doesn't PADI have a class on tank strap threading?

Just take it back to the shop. They'll either show you how to thread it, or if it is assembled wrong, replace it. If you got it mail order, then don't know what to tell ya.

You didn't expect these reponses after you bashed the bp/wing setup as being bad, and now you are having trouble with your BC?

You didn't expect these reponses after you bashed the bp/wing setup as being bad, and now you are having trouble with your BC?

After listening to your smartass posts about DIR and bp/wings for the past few months you had this coming...you aren't getting an apology from me until I stop laughing....besides, like Tom said, we were kidding dude..lighten up.

:jester:

Scuba446 once bubbled...
Funny thing,
My Halcyon straps DIDN'T come ANY more threaded OR with ANY instructions whenI bought them from a so-called HALCYON dealer either...

Actually they did come with instructions.......... The slots on the Halcyon buckle are numbered so you know which order to thread them in.

Sorry to hear your having problems again.

I'm sitting here at my desk with my belt off waiting for someone to walk in and wonder..... Anyway, I vote with O-ring. There is nothing wrong with the belt. We (you) are just threading it wrong. Your going to have to find another to look at. Sorry, but mine isn't here to look at and it is possibly different anyway. (Still wish I wasn't so broke a week or two ago.) Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom