Tank Checker Bleed question !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fireted

Registered
Reaction score
DOes anyone know where I can find a schematic or service guide for the IST brand of twist bleeders that come on some of the newer tank checkers/ fill whips !
IST has not returned my phone calls nor email, and my Local dive shop is useless when it comes to service and parts.

THanks

Do you have a link for the tank checker you are talking about? I would give you some advice but I do not know if the design is like the ones I am used to.

Here's a picture of what I think you mean:
Sherwood Bleed Assembly - Scuba Gear Compressors - Compressor Parts & Accessories in Sports Equipment & Outdoor Gear - BizRate

If it is that kind then your problem is either the seat (the plastic bit inside the knurled screw) is shot, or the orifice it sits against is not so good. You can try using an orifice polisher (basically a slightly more abrasive eraser) to clean up the orifice. If it is the seat (the plastic bit) you can make a quick and dirty repair by shaving off the layer of it with an exacto knife.

If it is that kind of bleed valve, any dive shop that does fills is able to order them from Global (which I cannot find through Google right now but I was at their website some time in the last few days). But they (Global) only sell to shops.

It seems that paintball supply store will have them too because they use fill whips.

Exactly what on a transfill whip needs service much less a service guide. What is the problem.

You seem to have the new style, as manufacturered by Ocean Divers and possibly other Taiwan suppliers, where there is a knurled collar that rotates around the body of the adaptor fitting (as opposed to the old-style little screw with a nylon seat on the end that screws into the fill adaptor body).

We haven't had one apart yet, so I can offer no advice, but a lot of people seem to be selling them now, including some of the more customer-friendly suppliers like Salvo, NESS and TDL as well as Scuba Toys, so you might try contacting any of them see if they have any advice on how to service them, or if parts are available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom