tank cu foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If a tank is manufactured as a 95 cu ft with a +10 rating,(2400pis + 10) does it contain 95 cu ft at 2400 psi?
have read on the internet that in order to get the 95 cu ft you have to have the 10 % added.

am confused

hark

All 3AA steel tanks are rated that way - the advertised capacity is at the 10% overfill allowed in a "+" rated 3AA steel tank. (Despite what most local dive shops and many RINs indicate, the plus rating can be granted on each successive hydro as long as the tank passes the higher standard. If the tank has the REE number stamped on it, there is really no excuse for a hydro tester not doing it. other wise it's often just a case of the tester not bothering to look up the documentation on the tank.)

3AL aluminum tanks as well as all Exempt and Special Permit steel tanks (like the 3442 psi Worthington X7-100) are advertised with the capacity at the service pressure stamped on the shoulder.

Agree with all of the above.....

In the event that you are recommissioning old cylinders that had the + rating on the prior hydro(s) be sure to explicitly request seeking + on this round of testing. Otherwise you may lose the + by default.

The REE # is a factor used to calculate suitability for the + endorsement. If the shop does not have the REE number for your cylinder style or if it's not stamped on the cylinder you may need to contact the maker with the cylinder numbers to get the REE number.

Pete

I've tried like hell to get my old 72's + rated but no go. They claim they have no access to any REE numbers needed for those tanks :(

But I know a dive shop that is good about fattening up those fills :)

That's why I suggested the OP do the legwork. Most shops wont.

Pete

hey all,

am wondering why manufactures would not just use the 2640 psi, why have a low pressure with an add?
my Faber reads

faber made in england m8303 07/10 801 tc-3aam/84/ dot 3aa 2400 do not overpressurize ree 74

have put 3000 in them before.
can they be plus rated at the next hydro?
what size are they? (thought they were steel 95s0

JUST CURIOUS

looking some more the original hydro date has a + sign after it, meeaning its ok for 10% overfill
although it says after the 24000 psi stamp " do not over pressurize)

so I am still only at 95 cu ft if I use the 10%
was told that the 95 cu ft was at low pressure # and the 10% would give more cu.
hark

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom