Tank neck strap on BPW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use separable bands as well and definitely the neck strap is going to make my life easier to close them! Will try the piece of webbing through the band slots. Should indeed do the trick better than the Transpac one I saw. Cheaper too...
Even cheaper if you have it laying around would be 550 cord (clothes line). Loop it through and tie the loop to the length you want.

As others stated, tank neck straps are not needed.

If you want something to hang up your BCD, you can do something like this:

Attachments

• 20221222_070131.jpg
    20221222_070131.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 54
When I used to dove a back inflate BCD before I went to BPW, I found the tank strap annoying and it always loosened up..so it didn’t really help at all. Just find a reference point on your cylinder that you can line up with the top of your wing.

As others have said, if you are building your fist BPW setup, I would first try it without the tank strap. I think you will realize it's not necessary. But it's easy and cheap to add later on if you decide it's something you want.

I don't use or need a "neck" strap. But I did want a loop at the top for hanging my rig on a peg. I took a foot of flat one inch webbing, used a hot nail to melt a hole in both ends, slipped that under my STA held it at a 45 degree and crushed it under the STA and bam, loop coming out the top to hang my BP/w. I suppose you could do that and just make it long enough to be a neck strap at the length you want?

As others stated, tank neck straps are not needed.

If you want something to hang up your BCD, you can do something like this:

Holy smoke. I used the same kayak handle on my bpw. Nice detail.

You don't use a tank neck strap with a bpw. Where are you located? I also live in NYC and can help you sort your rig out if you want. Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Ditto

I use the Transpac Tank Neck Strap with my BPW and think it's great. One less thing to fiddle with on a rocking boat. I don't see the offense in using one or not.

Don't use one on any of the BP/W that I have. Don't own one nor haven't made one - yet. If I was diving from a RIB I might consider adding one as it would make a nice handle for the mate to lift the rig into the boat after doffing, but otherwise, not needed.

Back
Top Bottom