Tank Pressure and Volume

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A. Dale Fox:
This is an interesting series of mesages and replys. While the math is correct, the law is not. In the United States it is illegal to overfill a cylinder beyond its authroized service pressure except for the 10% excess fill authorized for certain "+" cylinders.
Better call the Scuba police.

A. Dale Fox:
This is an interesting series of mesages and replys. While the math is correct, the law is not. In the United States it is illegal to overfill a cylinder beyond its authroized service pressure except for the 10% excess fill authorized for certain "+" cylinders.

Don't look now, but there's a whole nest of criminal tank fillers in FL...if there's a bounty involved, I could use the dough. How's that witness protection thing work?

This is something I have always wondered about. I have seen people who religiously adhere to tank specs when filling, and also people who overfill as a matter of course, and to varying degrees. What is the consensus out there anyhoo? ( I realize that this is one of the knarlier cans of worms to be opening, so I will keep my head down now while the artillery flies:sofa: ) Woody

I confess!

btw, ROTFLMAO

A. Dale Fox:

A. Dale Fox:

Maybe you could give us a reference to this so-called law. Is it a felony?

I am aware of certain DOT regulations concerning inter-state transport of pressurized tanks, but not any federal law that says you cannot over-fill a tank.

Please educate us.

I better hide my double 108s pumped to 3700...

Actually 2400 is usually my turn pressure. lol

Well it must be true since that is what they told him in class :wink:
HarleyDiver:
Maybe you could give us a reference to this so-called law. Is it a felony?

Please educate us.

cyklon_300:
Don't look now, but there's a whole nest of criminal tank fillers in FL...if there's a bounty involved, I could use the dough. How's that witness protection thing work?

Don't you know that in Fl we are very safety minded when it comes to filling tanks. Hey some guys do a Hydro every time the tank is topped off

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom