Tank retention for Cressi Scorpion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickyBobby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently purchased this travel bcd for my wife. She hasn't had it in the water yet but we have a concern regarding tank retention.
There is a single cam band and valve strap but there is no plastic/rubber material on the back of the bcd, beneath the cam band, to provide extra support and friction. We are worried this may not be enough to prevent slippage of the tank.
I'm thinking of gluing a piece of inner tube rubber in this spot.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If the cam strap is tight enough this should not be an issue. But add a strip of rubber or buy a rubber strap pad if it gives you piece of mind. Remember, a cam strap will loosen a little when it gets wet.

I think its more important too soak it in water for a while before tightening (for the first time) or, ( for the first time in a while).

Thanks. I think I will try the DGX rubber pad. Didn't know there was such a thing.

Plastic buckle on my wife's aquapro lasted the whooping 2 trips (the outer piece snapped, that's largely cosmetic but you still want it) and I had to swap it for my bottom camband mid-trip. If the one on your scorpion is anything like that, you might want to buy a decent camband or two while you're at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom