Tank too close to bladder with Hollis S series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adjust the plate down a little. Tank can remain in the same place, and the wing ends up a little lower.

It's not an option wit the Hollis wings, there's no adjustment allowed due to the tank strap slot size. Unless you mean make the shoulder straps longer.

If you are referring to PfcAJ's post then I would have to disagree. On either the aluminum or SS stainless plates there are three holes on the top center of the plate and one long one on the bottom center of the plate for adjusting the plate up or down as needed. I had to adjust my plate so that my corrugated hose would sit properly on my chest so that I could reach it. Unless I misunderstood you then I could be completely off base...:wink:

If you are referring to PfcAJ's post then I would have to disagree. On either the aluminum or SS stainless plates there are three holes on the top center of the plate and one long one on the bottom center of the plate for adjusting the plate up or down as needed. I had to adjust my plate so that my corrugated hose would sit properly on my chest so that I could reach it. Unless I misunderstood you then I could be completely off base...:wink:

The plates do have the three holes on the top but the wing slots only line up with the plate slots when the wing hole lines up with the bottom hole in the plate (i hope that made sense). If you are not using an STA, there is NO adjust-ability of the plate in relation to the wing. I have both the AL and SS Hollis plate and a Hollis 25 wing.

The plates do have the three holes on the top but the wing slots only line up with the plate slots when the wing hole lines up with the bottom hole in the plate (i hope that made sense). If you are not using an STA, there is NO adjust-ability of the plate in relation to the wing. I have both the AL and SS Hollis plate and a Hollis 25 wing.

I just went back to OP's original post and realized that I misread which type of STA is being used. I dumped that soft STA right away and went with the metal STA.

And yeah...I had to read your post 3 or 4 times but it finally clicked for me...
:bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom