Closed Tank Tumbler

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a spot near the neck on that tank that allows you to easily count turns. 106rpm. Almost twice what I'd want. That thing sure is tiny, though. You could store it pretty much anywhere when not in use. That's a big bonus for home gamers such as myself.

I like the idea of a tumbler build project, seems fun! Someone should start a collaboration thread in the DIY forum. We could put together a parts list for others to buy and build themselves.
My unit is factory built (Global MFG.)

Danny, I have a global, dual tank tumbler, with s/s drying rack, s/s washing rack, dual tank dryer, heat gun, the tumbler is mounted on 3/4" plywood so to tilt for polishing bottom of tanks. $1,000 buys package. willing to drive and meet you half way from Texas, this unit only used 6 times, Calvin
still available

Mine is built from threaded rod and boat rollers, The drive and motor I slapped together, and needs some improvement...
But it has tumbled alot of tanks...
Disadvantage is I use an old junk cordless drill. And is 12v. One day I'll switch it to a gear head 110v motor,
20220312_141641.jpg
20220312_141648.jpg
20220312_141658.jpg

In the time since posting this thread I have steadily purchased all the parts to build my own. Will post up when it is completed.
I'm curious as to what you came up with as I just spend 20 minutes rolling my cylinders in the utilty room. I'd rather build something for the future than do that again!

I'm curious as to what you came up with as I just spend 20 minutes rolling my cylinders in the utilty room. I'd rather build something for the future than do that again!
The one I pictured was a motor from a junk pump, a pulley, two bearings and pillow blocks and a skateboard. I think I have $30 bucks in it. It has probably done a couple thousand tanks in the last decade.

Back
Top Bottom