tank valve safety wheel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW - It is the same with a standard knob. If the nut holding the hand wheel on backs out, the same thing can happen..... Nothing to do with the specific design of the vindicator style hand wheel.

And in that case, can't you simply push on the knob as you turn it, and still open or close the valve?

Except that it is a two part system instead of a single knob and loosened just enough for one part to slid over the other. If it had been the standard knob I don't think that slight give would have been enough to stop the valve from operating.

Does it work like a regular valve knob (as I said above), where you could push on it to allow you to still open or close the valve?

Does it work like a regular valve knob (as I said above), where you could push on it to allow you to still open or close the valve?
In this instance at least, no. The outer ring was just sliding over the inner ring. No amount of push would have connected the two sections. We were able to tighten the screw and lock the sections together enough to open it. When we got back to the house we had to completely dissemble the handle and reinstall it.

I bought a Vindicator valve knob for my boat tank. The reason I purchased it was due to a bit of unpleasantness when an eager DM decided he needed to turn my tank on even though I knew I had it on already. I was right, but it was a scene, and with the valve handle it is now easily avoided. I don't have it, or need it on any of my other tanks.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom