Taurus wings question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BB1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Tobin,

We have 2 of your Taurus 26# wings as you know and we love them!!

I have noticed though that the transfer from one side to the other through the bottom section is very slow - is this normal??

Admittedly this was while cleaning my wing which I do by soaking in fresh water and putting some fresh water inside it as well through the inflator. When I come to empty that fresh water, if I hold the wing sideways (wobblestopper facing me) I have water trapped in the top Half (right hand side of the wing) that doesn't really want to transfer through the bottom arc??? It will really slowly but if I tilt the wing and send that water via the top arc its instantaneous??

Just curious as to whats going on as it doesn't "feel" like the wing goes all the way around?!?

Hi Tobin,

We have 2 of your Taurus 26# wings as you know and we love them!!

I have noticed though that the transfer from one side to the other through the bottom section is very slow - is this normal??

Admittedly this was while cleaning my wing which I do by soaking in fresh water and putting some fresh water inside it as well through the inflator. When I come to empty that fresh water, if I hold the wing sideways (wobblestopper facing me) I have water trapped in the top Half (right hand side of the wing) that doesn't really want to transfer through the bottom arc??? It will really slowly but if I tilt the wing and send that water via the top arc its instantaneous??

Just curious as to whats going on as it doesn't "feel" like the wing goes all the way around?!?

The bladder is a full circle in any DSS Torus wing. When you don't have a tank mounted, as in when you are cleaning the wing it can "Z" fold at the bottom and restrict the bladder.

We do intentionally restrict the inner bladder in our single tank Torus wings because a large volume directly under the divers rear end in a rescue scenario is undesirable. Consider an unconscious diver floating on their back, if you lift them a the hips their head goes under water.

Even so the cross section of the lower arc of your wing is several times the area of the inflator hose, more than large enough to do the job.

Tobin

Sounds logical to me!

Thanks for the swift reply as always Tobin! :D

Back
Top Bottom