TDI Deco Proc Instructor Pre-requisite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red Sea Shadow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As per the instructor manual, one of the pre-requisites to enroll in a TDI Deco Proc instructor course is to have minimum 10 students certified as SDI Deep divers or TDI Advanced Nitrox divers or equivalent.

However, I've heard from some fellow instructors that now all what you need is 5 certified TDI Advanced Nitrox divers. I can't find that in the latest training bulletin.

Any idea?

As per the instructor manual, one of the pre-requisites to enroll in a TDI Deco Proc instructor course is to have minimum 10 students certified as SDI Deep divers or TDI Advanced Nitrox divers or equivalent.

However, I've heard from some fellow instructors that now all what you need is 5 certified TDI Advanced Nitrox divers. I can't find that in the latest training bulletin.

Any idea?

No, NOT THE CASE. There have been no recent changes to standards in this section.
Candidates for Deco Procedures Instructor, who already hold an active rating for Advanced Nitrox Instructor, MUST HAVE BEFORE STARTING THE COURSE a minimum of 10 students certified as SDI Deep or 10 TDI Advanced Nitrox; or a combination of both adding up to at least 10 students.

If candidates are trying for the combination instructor course of Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, they must meet PREREQUISITES FOR BOTH. That is 10 SDI or TDI Nitrox, PLUS 10 SDI Deep; or a combination.

No, NOT THE CASE. There have been no recent changes to standards in this section.
Candidates for Deco Procedures Instructor, who already hold an active rating for Advanced Nitrox Instructor, MUST HAVE BEFORE STARTING THE COURSE a minimum of 10 students certified as SDI Deep or 10 TDI Advanced Nitrox; or a combination of both adding up to at least 10 students.

If candidates are trying for the combination instructor course of Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, they must meet PREREQUISITES FOR BOTH. That is 10 SDI or TDI Nitrox, PLUS 10 SDI Deep; or a combination.
Thanks Steve.

What do you mean by "or a combination"? As far as I understand, if the candidate is going for the combination instructor course, then he has to have certified at least 10 Nitrox + 10 SDI Deep. Where is the combination? Could (s)he, for example, certify 17 Nitrox and 3 SDI Deep and still go for the combined instructor course?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom