Team oriented divers, or anyone interested!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an idea. You guys can form a club. Yea. And pick a unique name like Great Lakes Underwater Explorers or Midwest Underwater Explorers. And then you could start to go by a cool acronym like GLUE or MUE or something like that. That would be great!

StreetDoctor,
I'm always looking for people to go diving with. I live in Wheaton and usually go diving at Haigh and Wazee. Are you ice certified? I'm always looking for people interested in ice diving, they're kinda hard to find...I wonder why:wink:.

StreetDoctor,
I'm always looking for people to go diving with. I live in Wheaton and usually go diving at Haigh and Wazee. Are you ice certified? I'm always looking for people interested in ice diving, they're kinda hard to find...I wonder why:wink:.

Hey up in Cold Wisconsin our dive( GROUP) not as in a club-way too many rules and dues in a club! is doing 2 days of ice diving and ice cert on one of our gal's in the group she's diving wet at usual! on Long Lake,near Dundee,Wisconsin This weekend,

Google Maps
I am sure way more ice dives will be in the mix too,long lake is not much of a dive for depth but for vintage bottles & bell anchors its a ware house till all the muck divers in the group clean her out!

Back to the thread about team oriented diving not sure what the meaning is as in and group of divers you can dive as a group/team but each member should be able to handle any situation that may arise for survival with redundancy,back up gas,back up separate regulators, several flotation methods,and remember rule one don't panic !
That said Hal Watt's always felt 3 divers was the ideal no of divers in a dive or team/group on a dive,
That said dang you guys got to enjoy Lake Michigan before them darn jumping carp torpedo our dive boats!
dive safe,,
Brad

Hey StreetDoc, once spring time rolls around I'll probably be in the ohio quarries diving with my my newly certified dive buddy, my wife.

If you make it down to any of the ohio quarries let me know and I'll try and join you.

Mark

Mark sounds good!

We made it out to Gilboa once last year and had a really good time, I'm sure we'll be back more frequently this year. Hopefully a trip or two out on Lake Erie also.

Im up for lake Erie.... after I get back up to speed with diving a drysuit. Id probably be a risk to dive with until I figure out how to dive dry again :)

@StreetDoc...I might be interested in some of that snake oil your selling......What are you doing tomorrow? I'll be in Key Largo taking a class, not typing on the internet......Maybe you could show me some of what you typing about.....

Bob Sherwood must be going easy on you. I seem to remember at the end of the day of my tech 1 classes I found myself fully clothed in the shower huddled in the corner crying!

Good luck on your class :D

Mark

Its jus' that you normally cant Look in the direction of a (DIR,UTD,Tech) course unless you have $300-$500 to drop on an "intro" class...

Its something I'll prob check out "someday"...

The situation your proposing (free?) seems like something I could swing... especially if your thinking of doing it at Whitestar.

I wouldn't call Fundies or Essentials an intro class in any way.....They will both change the quality of anyones diving regardless of the amount of experience one has before the class. I can tell you my diving enjoyment has increased 10 fold since my Fundies class and was the best money I could have spent on diving.....

I wouldn't mind sharing some of the information I've learned throughout my classes and go diving with anyone who's interested in seeing how much information is skipped over in O/W through Rescue classes....

I have plenty of extra equipment that I would be willing to share with anyone participating....Hope to see some of you guys out and about....

Back
Top Bottom