Tec Diving in Playa Del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarryNL

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I hear there are big fish to see if you go a bit deeper around Playa del Carmen - 40m or so. Has anyone experience with companies in PdC doing this sort of thing and would you recommend them. Also, do they hire tec gear - I don't really want to drag all my gear down there unless I have to.

Don't have any first hand experience with this shop, Diablo Divers, but they seem to get much praise...and they do rent tech gear.

I'll be down in Playa del Carmen myself, February 21-28 and I'm still pondering my options.

Diablo Divers link
Diablo Divers - Home

Check out Pro Tec in Playa. I did my cave training with them and they definately rent tech gear and do deeper ocean dives.

Protec Playa - tp

Hola BarryNL, I do trips down to 40m, but I have two buddies down here you might want to get in touch with. Either Dennis from Diablo divers or Matt at ProTec. These guys can rent you all the tech gear you need as well as offer much deeper dives than 40m. I agree with you...there are BIG fish down deep!:D I know! :wink:

Diablo Divers would be a good choice as Dennis is very much into Tech as is Martine, one of his instructors.
I had the pleasure of diving the cenotes with Dennis and Martin last year (Dos Ojos, Taj Mahal). :thumbs_up:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom