tech 50d 2nd stage housing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaaaronh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a tech 50 d built back when apex was building the regs. I took it in for service and was told that the housings are no longer avaiable. Last year coming back from bonaire my housing got cracked and had to be replaced.The shop had a time getting one i was told and that all was avaiable is used. Now i have been going to this shop for 15 years now and i believe what the owner is saying. He is very trustworthy and would take the shirt off his back to help you. Now this year i have it in again, didn't dive much this year with the addition of my little guy(he loves the water - hopefully another diver in 9 yrs and 2 months) I was told to start thinking of another reg for the future as the housing may never be avaiable again. Is this true? if it is true are you trying to do anything to take care of the problem. I have used this reg for 11 years now and really like it. if not then i am going to jump ship over to the new oceanic eos. but i really dont want to spend the money right now.

Aaron

For about a year and a half Zeagle Systems has been offering a trade in program for all who still have the Zeagle branded apeks regulators. If memory serves me right Apeks stopped manufacturing the parts for the older Apeks regs and in turn can no longer supply Zeagle Systems with Service or repair parts. Scott can say if the program is still in progress and if it is you can get a new 50D reg set around $300. Now a bad deal at all.

Here is the link to the program on the Zeagle site.
Zeagle Systems, BCs, Regulators, and Scuba Accessories

gibby any clue if they are still doing this i would prefer to stay with zegal regs. I havent seen anything from scott on this yet and an trying to figure out what to do.

I must have totally missed this post. My apologies.

Gibby is right - we can no longer get any parts from Apeks.

I believe that the trade in program ended, but I can probably pull a few strings and help you out...

:)

I must have totally missed this post. My apologies.

Gibby is right - we can no longer get any parts from Apeks.

I believe that the trade in program ended, but I can probably pull a few strings and help you out...

:)

That would be great. let me know what i have to do.

It did in fact end, but it sounds like you can get taken care of, which Zeagle is known for being good about.

My gal will be keeping her two second stage regs and first stage. They are working great and I have plenty of parts to repair them. Now I understand why they made the offer though with hard parts becoming obsolete.

Now I understand why they made the offer though with hard parts becoming obsolete.

thats the whole thing. when i took my regs in for repair i was told hey they are offering a trade in deal but nothing about not being able to get parts in the future. If i had known that i would have done something at that time. But here we are now and i am being told sorry but theres no replacement parts anymore. so that kind of threw me for a loop. Now i know the shop and the owner real well, no mention of names and he thought he had told me about what the deal was. It was an honest mistake on his part. i forget to tell people things all the time that i meant to tell them. The main thing is it looks like zegal is going to try and help me out. Thanks guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom