Tech Diver died in Dahab, Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snhrph

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Below is a translation of the article by Arthur Zaloga, TDI Instructor Trainer # 3348:

"Today in Dahab, Egpyt in a final phase of the 185 meter dive, tragically was lost Dmirty Rasputin. It is very difficult to write about it, Dima was one of my best pupils and the close friend. The reasons of tragedy are investigated, but a life will not be returned. Dima had wide experience in technical diving, including Trimix. Dmitry's personal achievement was 160 meters, he achieved it 2 years ago in Dahab. Two years ago Dima was a member of the safety team during during Yasemin Dalkılıç record setting dive. ... I would like to express my condolences to Dmitry's wife - Rita and his daughter. It is a tragic loss for all who knew him. He will be remebered as a person who was always always ready to help and a very close friend."

Apparently, an equipment failure ??? lead to an uncontrolled ascent from 20 meters; he died of DCS while still in water (no post-mortem expertise yet).

My thoughts and prayers go out to Dmitry's family.

We also Present our condolences to all family and friends... and we pray to God that it will be our last sorrow in Dahab
God Bless your soul Dmitry
red sea rangers team

My heart goes out to those family and freinds left behind.

My sincere condolences.

I guess it happened during my stay at Dahab but I haven't heard of the accident then. Really sad.

Back
Top Bottom