Technical diver transitioning to Recreational

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Wu

Contributor
Reaction score
The State Department adds pages to my Passport abo
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am going on a trip to a warm water, clear viz destination this week. A typical "resort" to put it plain.

I am looking forward to it.

After reading this forum for awhile I have an honest question:

What should I bring?

What would a diver that owns every piece of crap imaginable think to bring on a simple warm water dive trip?

You should definitely make sure you bring your split fins, spare air, integrated octo, and your tank banger. That is a bare minimum for the sort of activity you speak of. Oh, and make sure to have the biggest knife you can find strapped to your leg. Make sure you put it on the outside.

Never forget the snorkel

It is also extremely important to bring your jacket that has all of your PADI specialty badges sewn up and down both sleeves so that everybody will know that you are an accomplished diver and know what you are talking about.

Don't forget your twister spinner dial for picking your buddy!:D

And of course, the new and improved Speedo thong :D the women will be throwing themselves at you and everybody will want to be your dive buddy :D

My attempt at a serious answer:
Obviously you want to bring the basics (BCD, fins, regs, wetsuit, timer or computer, and cert cards), but you don't want to forget some other items. Among thos are a DIN->yoke converter so your regs actually work on their crappy tanks, an SMB/spool for ocean dives, a decent backup light for night dives, and if you're like me you'll want a compass (I find endless reef with no landmarks disorienting, and everyone seems to think it's no big deal--until half the boat turns up in the wrong place and has to be fetched).

Enjoy the vacay.

Back
Top Bottom