Technical Training seminar @ DD on Thursday night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derek S

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
From the DD website:

LEARN ABOUT THE NAUI TECHNICAL PROGRAMS Thursday May 5th, 6:30 PM at the shop. Join us for a free seminar at the shop to learn about the new NAUI technical dive programs and the new RGBM Dive Tables. Even if you're a new diver or think "tec's not for me", this informative seminar just might surprise you with some of the latest developments in diving that will be of interest to any diver! Join NAUI Technical Instructor Dallas Edmiston for a discussion about some of the newer gas mixes, a review of the NAUI Technical Programs, and a review of the new RGBM dive tables. You can pre-register for this free seminar by calling the shop during regular business hours.

Now, that should provide a wide-range of great information, give plenty of chances to learn some new things and at the very least have a good time.

Problem is, Dallas sent out the e-mail today. With my work schedule and the fact that it is a 2-hour drive round-trip, I can't make it on such short notice. I'm not peeved, just a little disappointed because I would have REALLY liked to attend this seminar, I just wish I could have had a little more advanced notice or had it scheduled for a weekend when it would be much more accessible.

So Rick, if you see this, can you pass on the info that some of us are more than willing to participate in events at DD, but can't do so on a 2-day notice. Let me know how it goes, I'm very interested in hearing about it! :14:

Don't feel bad, I went out there this morning to pick up my new tank and reg.

I find a sign on the door, temp new hours 2pm - 7pm.

Yea, I would have liked to go to that too, but not on that short notice. Maybe we can get them to do one for us over a cookout at Rick's???

Anyone go to the meeting? How was it?

I just got back in town, I've been gone since monday morning.

Man, is it fun to drive from Watertown to Buffalo to pick up gear for Saturdays class, and then back to Bergen!!

This is the first I've heard about the tec seminar. It;s something I'd show up for too!!

If I see Dallas tommorow when I return gear I'll let him know.

Cookout at my house is a possibility, but Dallas coming for the talk would depend on how many would be showing up.

Darryl is doing training dives in Florida. Might be the reason for the temporary hours.

Rick

His response:
Yes, 2 days might have been short notice.

But it was mentioned in an e-mail 2 weeks ago, and has been in the newsletter.

There will be many more seminars, And yes we can have one at my house with a cookout if there is enough interest.

Tavi:
His response:
Yes, 2 days might have been short notice.

But it was mentioned in an e-mail 2 weeks ago, and has been in the newsletter.

There will be many more seminars, And yes we can have one at my house with a cookout if there is enough interest.

Rick -

I hope Dallas doesn't think I was griping, because I wasn't. I've known this "seminar" has been in the works since you and I first discussed it around Christmas time.

My original post was more about the disappointment I felt for not being able to attend the event rather than the short notice. It's a shame none of the Rochester LDS'es do anything like this (well, I mean without charging for it :D).

Derek S:
Rick -

I hope Dallas doesn't think I was griping, because I wasn't. I've known this "seminar" has been in the works since you and I first discussed it around Christmas time.

My original post was more about the disappointment I felt for not being able to attend the event rather than the short notice. It's a shame none of the Rochester LDS'es do anything like this (well, I mean without charging for it :D).

I didn't mention any names. I just said that some of the club members...............................

You're on the right track anyway. first you need the equipment.

Well, I just checked my email and the last email I received from DD was April 20th, but it mentioned nothing about the free seminar. Oh well. I'm not sure about the newsletter. I can't remember right now if I get those. Let's see if there's enough interest from the others about getting together at Rick's and then bug Darryl or Dallas. They're busy enough without us bothering them!! Can't wait for Dutch Springs!

Tavi:
I didn't mention any names. I just said that some of the club members...............................

You're on the right track anyway. first you need the equipment.

Oh I wouldn't mind even if you did. Like I said, I was just disappointed that I couldn't make it.

It's cool. IMHO, I think I need to slow down a little bit anyway. I want to enjoy the journey, not rush things any more than I already am.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom