Technical wreck diving in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diddydidit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi guys Im looking to plan a trip down to Florida. I am thinking 3 weeks in total. One week in Key Largo one week in Key West and one week in Pensicola. I am hoping you guys can give me a list of your favorite dive shops/charters that cater to technical wreck divers and the reasons why you like them. Also any tips or ideas you can provide would be apperciated. Thanks for your input

In Key Largo, Horizon Divers and Silent World cater to tech divers. In Tavenier, Conch Republic caters to technical wreck Divers. In Key West, it's me and Seaduction. My boat is too big for one, so Seaduction is your best bet. Call ahead with any of those operators, make sure they will be doing something you want to do.

I will have a weekend charter to the Wilkes Barre and to the Kendrick, dates TBD in the spring, but my divers are flexible. Max depth 320 feet. I discourage OC divers to that depth, the gas bill is just outrageous... But I have rental doubles and stages if you need.

All of the aforementioned operators know what they are doing and will treat you well...

Thanks Wookie. Just to let you know thjis is going to be a group trip, probably between 6 -12 people. We are looking at May of 2014 so as of now just trying to get some basic logistics worked out. Pretty well everybody will be on OC. Dive to 300+ are not out of the question but unlikely. Depths uder 200 with plenty of penetration is what we are mostly looking for.

That I can help you with. Key West offers awesome wrecks (you don't have to dive the Kendrick, when it's good, it's awesome), but we have the Wilkes Barre (250), Curb (175), S-16 (220-280), Vandenberg (157), and many others. I have enough rental doubles and stages for everyone, and, of course, sleeping facilities if the folks want to stay offshore or come back to the dock. I can fill doubles fast enough offshore that we only have to have one set. If I can help plan, let me know.

Spree@spreeexpeditions.com
281-300-4748

Just for ****s and giggles, what would a 12/50 mix cost in a set of twin HP 119's in your part of the world

I haven't bought helium since it was $100 per t, so it was a buck a cubic foot pumped for the He. If it's still $200 a T, it'll be $2 a cubic foot pumped, or $238 for the first fill. You only pay for what you get.

Wow thats more than Canada. How is that possible? Well at least we pay less than the USA on something lol, I am paying $1.35 right now

Wow thats more than Canada. How is that possible? Well at least we pay less than the USA on something lol, I am paying $1.35 right now

Are prices coming back down yet? Everything in Key West gets the "Special deal".

Hi guys Im looking to plan a trip down to Florida. I am thinking 3 weeks in total. One week in Key Largo one week in Key West and one week in Pensicola. I am hoping you guys can give me a list of your favorite dive shops/charters that cater to technical wreck divers and the reasons why you like them. Also any tips or ideas you can provide would be apperciated. Thanks for your input

Hi, I run a tec and CCR dive center in Key Largo. Full tech rentals, including rebreathers. Trips to Spiegel, Duane, Bibb, Northern Light, Queen of Nassau, Vitric and I can also arrange Key West trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom