Teenager Stress

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's see. The juvenile detective in town and I are on a first name basis and not because we belong to the same social groups. Something I learned from the police lexicon: Stationhouse adjustment. Kind of like an attitude adjustment in a uniform.:rofl3: I could go on and on, but I would just get depressed.
Mostly, it's the freaking know-it-all attitude. And the $$$$$ But this too, shall pass

You have to take it all in stride. :11:

I have 2 teenage boys and I try to give them their freedom as much as possible. Sometimes I get back at them with stories of "that's nothing...when I (or my sister) were your age we did..." Of course they just roll their eyes :shakehead

Teens will be teens. As long as they're basically good kids (and mine are :D ) We just have to do our best and wait for our revenge. When our kids have their own teens :rofl3:

yes...

don't give them too much money.

My x was giving her unknown amounts. Next thing I know, these teenage girls are

ordering up limos, instead of cabs and buying fake spray on tans....

I put the breaks on that.
I went in to this tanning place with her once, to pick up her friend or something, and there are all these 40 year old men with gold chains, "working" there.

I said that place is creepy...look out. The next night, these tan salon owners were on the 6 o'clock news about how they were caught "peeping". I said "I TOLD YOU girls....

catherine96821:
Last time I was in the vicinity with their friends, they were putting condoms in little old ladies grocery carts in the store and watching her get to the check-out.

It could be worse. One of the kids who crews on my boat is grounded because he set all of the alarm clocks in the housewares department so they'd go off at 5 minute intervals. Cute.

how do they come up with this stuff?

or better yet...how did he get caught?

catherine96821:
...... Someone calls me on vacation to say that my daughter has thrown "the party of the year, hundreds of cars..
hey catherine... is this the same offspring that you were upset a month or so ago because a condo owner wouldnt rent you their place for your kids to stay in on their own???? :rofl3:

reading the hijinks of some of these kids... im feeling older than ever now

Wayward Son:
We all have a LOT more in common as the parents of teenagers than any other things that may divide us.
Too bad not everyone is a parent of a teen over on D2D.:rofl3: :rofl3:

It might make a difference :wink:

My last one turns 18 on 01 march. if she makes it that long, this has definitely been a high-stress year for us.

Oh heaven. I could tell you a story that happened recently that would blow your mind.

How I am still alive after trying to raise two teenage boy's is beyond me. My youngest turned 17 yesterday. All I can do is count down the days until he is off in college and this is the "good one".

I swear there were times I thought I was going to end up in the funny farm just barely able to babble my name.

I get that they are growing and are trying to be men and all that but for heck's sake, aye carumba.

I look at friend's with small children now and just smile. One day they too will be going through this. Just like the horrid child in the grocery store that causes people to glare at the mother. Later they have children and I am sure reflect on what they thought about that woman :wink:

I think all of us may need "recovery" after this :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom