"Tek" backpad / lumbar support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone1004

Mr Speed Nuts
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey guys, Figured I'd post this here instead of in an email.
I have an older Transpac II that I use fairly often when not using my Nomad. One of the reasons why I have kept it is because of the "tek" backpad/lumbar support that is on it as well as the sport cummerbund. I have this mainly for teaching open water training as well as whenever I do travel diving. I like the cummerbund when I'm diving without a wetsuit since it's a lot more comfortable than the slide locks and side plates and what not pressing against skin.
This is great for this type of diving and what I really like is the tek backpad and lumbar support. This unfortunately is not transferable to my nomad or any of the modern transpacs. Just curious why you discontinued these and if there is any consideration of bringing them back... They're much less bulky and buoyant than the ones you supply now, and although are a bit more difficult to remove as far as getting the bolts in and what not, they make the whole system much cleaner and more comfortable.
Thanks
Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the post. The TransPac II is such a great harness, I agree. However, at this point we now have done away with the cummerbund in favor of a hip pad, which is shorter, but covers the essential hardware such as side plates. Have you seen this? It's not the cummerbund that I think you are referring to. The Nomad now has a lumbar pad and we can probably retrofit yours with a pad if you don't have one.

As for bringing back components of the TransPac II, that's not in the works at this point. We might be able to still source a shoulder or cummerbund if you need to replace one on your harness, but we no longer do business with that supplier and have moved toward the current production style as I mention above.

Let me now how I might be able to help you retrofit your Nomad or service your TPac II, if possible.

Thanks,
Kathleen

the cummerbund isn't really what I was after you're right, my Nomad only came with the big huge backpad which is just really overkill and it's hard for travel because it takes so long to dry compared to the rest of the harness. Just looked at the site and mine didn't come with hip pads. It doesn't really bother me since I have the TPII for any backmount stuff that I need. That tek back pad thing was what I was really after, and the lumbar pad as well since it helps to keep the lower back of my wetsuit squished in

My TPII is still trucking, can still schlep around double 112's with no problem although the quick releases are wearing out on me. Just has looked in a lot better shape...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom