telemacro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kuti

Registered
Reaction score
Hi ,everyone,Can I ask a silly question? is telemacro and telephoto the same thing.I have a sony HDR HC1 in ikelite housing and need to take still pictures of tiny creatures on night dives.I want to get close to the subject say 6 ins.Any information is highly aprecated.
ThankYou
Kuti

Kuti:
Hi ,everyone,Can I ask a silly question? is telemacro and telephoto the same thing. I want to get close to the subject say 6 ins.
No, TeleMacro in effect is used to enlarge Macro subjects - like what you'd need for what you're wanting to do. But it's only good to about 19" in air, might be closer thru your housing lens - you'll have to play around with it u/w to see how close you can get.

Full wideangle on your camera will focus at about an inch or less. Maybe a little further depending on your housing lens. So maybe move the camera closer to fill the frame instead of using Telemacro. You also may need to switch to manual focus when using it, I've done it both ways.

Telephoto is to bring distant subjects in closer - not much use u/w as your lens probably doesn't support it unless it's a full zoom-thru.

On your camera there's also an Expanded focus button next to the Telemacro button - it can be used to help focus sharper during macro work since it expands what you see on screen/thru the viewfinder. Assuming you have the controls for it, you need to be able to set Focus/Zoom to manual first to use it.

All this is found on p26-7 of the manual if you want to read more.

I have a sony HDR HC1
So do I, but in an Amphibico EVO.

Thanks Stev you have been a great help.I will try something to-night.The ikelite housing have all the controls so I can start experimenting with it.This my first camera and never had any experience on cameras,I think there is a lot to know.
Thanks
Kuti

Back
Top Bottom