Tell me more about the Xstream...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

otobmark

Registered
Reaction score
I went through some past post and saw that some of you guys were getting XSTREAMS or had just gotten them. Well, what about them? Is there going to be a model w/ more ports? I dive the keys a lot and end up diving single rental tanks and wouldn't mind the extra ports. What about the "initial freeflow" issue? If you put the reg in your mouth before you open the valve does it still freeflow? I have Zetas that will blast on opening the valve but if I crack it slowly very little gas escapes. What about after tank is fully on, will they go crazy if you happen to drop a second in the water (a la cyclons)? How is the in water experience? What do you dislike about them? Come on, Give!:)

Nothing in the rumor mill about a model w/more ports, the Xstream is aimed at the tec market where folks will be using 2 regs anyway, & wind up having a lot of extra places to plug stuff.
As is, the most extra LP holes available is 2. That's plenty for me. :wink:

The 2nd stage is based on the Jetstream but has been "detuned" a little, rattles the tonsils less.
Freeflow isn't the right word to use, mine just give a little "pthht" as the servo is pressureized. I never slam my valves open all at once though either.
I'll have to drop it in the drink & get back to you on the "rumble" part.
All in all its the 1st stage of the critters that's the most awesome feature.
You really can't tell performance wise, but just knowing that the design is so darn simple yet bullet proof is reassuring.

Yes, there is a new one coming out designed with more ports, just for the recreational single tank diver. Our Poseidon / VIking rep has been talking about it for a year... Its coming, soon, hopefully...

I like the X stream, breathes a little better than the Jetstream/Odin. Smaller second stage as well. Looks cool too.. Proven performer. I would recommend it.

The 2HP/5LP XSTREAM is already available in Sweden. I guess it will come later to the US. I heard from a shop that they got some end of May and that they will get more in June. It is not O2 cleaned so I guess it is correct to say that this reg is for recreational diving. I may buy one next week when I go to Sweden as I heard many good things about it.

I looked at one this Wednesday in Sweden. The top portion of the first stage is different with adjustment capabilities. They told me it does not have the same depth rating as the original xtreme though, since it is made for sports diving and not tec diving.

Quite a few Poseidon divers in Sweden apparently buys the new second stages and use them with their Jetstream/Odin first stages, a cheaper alternative...

Anders

TJO once bubbled...
The 2HP/5LP XSTREAM is already available in Sweden.

What are you going to do with seven hoses??

No need for that many! I agree on that one. I normally need 1HP/4LP on a single tank dive... so I am happy they launched the recreational version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom