Tenkiller!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NO during the summer in just in shorts and hunting fish. no need for a 7mm.

Really? Tenkiller is over 100ft deep and it is dang cold below around 30 feet. Very pronounced thermocline. Warm above though. I am very warm blooded and found the 5mm in summer to be nice. Had to vent a bit now and then though when shallow.

I figure the 7mm will allow for diving all year round here then I can swap to the 3/2 in the summer or tropics. Not certain though.

I dont go that deep while fishing most catfish are up near the 50-10 ft range.

Now when I do go that deep I do use my 7mm.

Find a good 7mm guys ditch the 3mm.
That will let you dive in 43 degree water if you want but right now is the best time to hit lake's and such due to no traffic! oh and viz.. :D

when I started out I moved from texas and its warm most of the time so a 3mm is the way to go. Moved back to Arkansas and hOly-CraP BaTMan! so my wife and I got 7mm farmer John style and 13 years later winter diving is the way to go for me, But it is not for everyone!!!

And on the Bonne Terre I went their while working in the area and My work buddy is also one of my best dive buddy's. so we went their looking to dive while we were their and did the tour as well as the boat ride LOVED IT!!!
But the price was not for me. and after what I have see as far as post it may be one of those want dive's but may never happen till a few things change. :depressed:

And if your up to it guy's and gal are up for it my best friend and I are going to ORONOGO really really soon so we should make it a joint meet greet an dive!

Count me in... I'm going to probably pull the trigger on a 7mm aoon anyway and if I can't convince my better half to let me I'll just rent one

I would like to get in on dives at Oronogo and I need a buddy as well. I live in Kansas City and can car/truck pool. I've been to Oronogo only once before but as recall many dive dry and a 5mm would be for only the hardiest. I dove a 7mm and was comfortable. At Oronogo the water never really warms up that much. Year round mid to low 50's below the thermocline @ 25 to 30ft.

Captain Johns | Oronogo, MO

I am also in need of replaceing my old blue 7mm so I have been looking at these

Neo Sport by Henderson 7mm Farmer John & Jacket Mens Wetsuit $139.95
from LeisurePro.com

and these suits are just like my old one now.

aquaflite.com
SEMI-DRY SUITS

The warmest suits you will ever wear. These Semi-Dry styles feature the new Oceanliner w/ titanium (see Oceanliner page for additional information.). The man’s suit features a hooded Farmer John with shorty jacket. The hood attaches via a horizontal zipper at the chest. The woman’s suit features a back zip fullsuit with sleeveless shorty jacket. Hood attaches with horizontal zipper at the chest. Both styles shown are available for men or women. Features pre-formed knees, Kevlar knee pads, fully gusseted zippers with EZ Pull Cords. Styles also available without Oceanliner.

I am also in need of replaceing my old blue 7mm so I have been looking at these

Neo Sport by Henderson 7mm Farmer John & Jacket Mens Wetsuit $139.95
from LeisurePro.com

and these suits are just like my old one now.

aquaflite.com

I was torn between the Famer john by Neo SPort and the full suit I ordered. In the end I figured the one I ordered was a good deal because I also needed the gloves and hat etc!

I too would like to try out Oronogo! Sounds like a great site. Much better viz than Tenkiller I presume. :D

JJ

I have a Pinnacle Polar MENS MEDIUM I'd sell to someone...that's a 7mm suit with built in hood...

OK! So, how does Tenkiller look these days? How about those Missouri lakes? They canceled my AOW class due to the lake being closed a month ago.

Well latest report I got was a week ago. the report stated that at about 20 feet the visibility was still less then a foot however temps are warming into the lower 70s. This is a little over 7 days old though.

Back
Top Bottom