Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InkyUndine

Registered
Reaction score
I seem to be having word wrap issues, so here goes a test: "When you explore the fragile environment around corals, sponges and other aquatic life without exposure suit protection, you tend to be cautions. After all, you need to watch what you touch to prevent abrasion or a minor sting. Wearing exposure suits takes away this incentive, which can mean harm to the environment unless you keep its welfare in mind. Hopefully, you wouldn't intentionally kick, kneel on or bump against fragile aquatic life but exposure suits make it more difficult to tell when you do it accidentally. Realize that even a light touch can harm or kill some organisms. Break a 25 cm/10 in piece of branching coral, for example, and you've destroyed over a decade of growth."

Maybe I should have been more specific?

I think you're looking at it wrong....Wearing an exposure suit of any kind shouldn't 'take away the incentive' not to unintentionally touch anything......Getting your buoyancy control down pat should be your focus......so you never even come close......Whether you wear a suit or not [and in most cases you will probably be wearing something] should not make you any more or less cautious.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom