Testing computer battery hatch and O ring for security against leaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My computers are console AIs with HP hose, and would not fit in the watch pressure tester tanks that I have used in the jewelry industry. It my computers were watch size wrist computers, the watch pressure testers would work fine.

when i was testing mine i used a mason jar and modified a lid to hook up a water hose going though a camper pressure regulator

1. .... I am in the final stages of testing a privately designed, 3D printed Delrin battery hatch cover and a baked Aqualung I550 battery hatch cover that appear to now fit into my two....
In any such commercial venture you better damn well test in real conditions. Any failures post-release will put you (and anyone that appears to be you) right out of business. This will occur because of really bad PR, possibly lawsuits.

Subjecting things to stress and past design parameters is often referred to as destructive testing and that can sometimes cost money. The cool thing is that after you ruin one "housing", it now becomes the last and only one you'll need to buy. If it floods, dry it out completely and put a small spansule inside, maybe a Benadryl. If it melts, this is an indication of another failure.

You should also establish an ongoing periodic sample test schedule of production. It's just the accepted process.

I like the hanging it over the side on a rope method as prior post.

I'm the guy that advised MagLite in 1984 that their packaging stating "waterproof" might better state: "Waterproof, if in the OFF position". In 1998 or so I ruined a whole lot of Inova UV flashlights that were also "waterproof". I found out that Spyderco Dive Tools became exceptionally dangerous after just one cycle of salt water immersion. I get paid to wreck $#i+

While you're at it, you might want to Google "waterproof iP standards rating".

Details absolutely do matter.

Back
Top Bottom