Tex Edward and Three Coal Barges Trip Report 08/14/2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL! Sonny's is EVERYWHERE! Shouldn't we be enjoying the local cuisine??! :D Yeah, LIKE OLD MEXICO!

We don't have a Sonny's in Louisiana.

Great report Jason! As we were setting in the pass deciding if we felt suicidal the Viking (And You) passed us. I gave a wave but you were all preoccupied. We ultimately decided to sit this day out, especially when a 40 something Newton comes back in and says it 's to sloppy! Glad to hear you guys did get your dives in though! That's die hard!

Now that's funny....I don't care who you are!

If we are going to eat local in Marianna...I vote for the Italian place we found across from the courthouse, I can't remember the name but the food is unforgettable!

Oh breaking tradition there Glen. :D

Nice report there. Glad you had fun even in those conditions.

Saturday was rough. I was out on one of the 3-4 boats that seemed to be out that day. 3-5 swells, yeah it was all of that. Roughest conditions I've been in for a few years, and although I didnt chum I am sure I turned a light shade of green for a while.

We ran SE to natural bottom looking for lobster. I stink at that, but did find some flounder.

Vis was better than I'd seen in a while too. At least that was good considering the rest of the weather conditions stunk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom