Texas " Deal of the Century"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK You Texans... Here ya go. I have 5 seats left from DFW to CZM.(since you're in my heart)
The Place: Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
The Dates: March 2nd to March 9th 2002
Includes: 7 nights ocean view suite
Round trip air and Transfers
Hotel taxes
6 tanks
Texas/Cozumel T shirt
Farewell Booze party with girls! (LoL)
Price: 1226.99 per person based on double. Single prices available
Deposits of 125.00 to hold your space. Final payment due December 1st.
I have 12 divers going now under deposit.
So who else is going???
:sunny:

Natasha, who's the dive op? Is that only 6 tanks for the whole week? What's the dive schedule?

Thanks for the trip for us Texans, but the price seems kinda high...especially if I'm gonna have to pay for additional diving. Is March still the 'high' season, airfares go up again, or is there a reason for the higher price?

Remember, I'm a throwback...I still remember when a trip for a full week in Coz with 4 dives a day cost less than $500pp!!!

Dee expressed my questions too.

I figured for 7 nights that would be at least 5 diving days, which would be 10 tanks at least.

Wow, I thought that was a great price for March. Yes, it's still the heat of the season there.
The dive op is Dive Paradise. It's 159.00 for 3 days of 2 tank dives. I did not mark it up that is their price.
It's 475.00 for the Air and the rest is this ...
So it's
592.99 7 nights hotel stay, taxes, transfers, T shirt and party.
It's a very large ocean view room.
That seems high for March?

If March is still the high season, I guess it isn't too bad. It's about the same as Christmas week, which I thought ran the highest.

I'd have to get to Dallas, plus pay for extra dives... thanks but No Thanks. We go to Roatan every year in March so I'm booked anyway.

Now, if you can get me those airfares in June...I'll make all the other arrangements!

That's more than I usually spend on a whole trip to Coz., and that includes food, Carlos y Charlies, etc. I jus do air-hotel thing or air only. Plaza Las Glorias is where I got my first dives at, heard they have renovated the hotel now, Dive Paradise did my resort cert. And I like to book my dives when I get there, in case I donwanna dive the next day or take a break. Also, I like to use the dive shop where I know the owner/divemaster, and his divemasters also have known me for yrs...(speakin of Carlos y Charlie's, and some out of the way places...lol...great to have a guide, my favorite DM knows em all.) What kinda prices on air can ya get for late July or August?

I won't be doing trips in the summer for anyone. We will be doing a business move, and don't want to be issuing documents at the same time.
So sorry you thought this price is high. I have 12 divers that jumped on it right away, and thought it was a fantastic price. I just has another one email me today, and is sending her deposit. I need a room mate for her. I guess everyone is different.

but for late Aug. this year I coulda got air fare from DFW and 8 days 7 nites at Casa Del Mar for $580. Add 3 two-tank dives @ $45, thats $715. Although Casa Del Mar is not as nice a hotel as Plaza Las Glorias, it doesn't matter that much to me about the hotel as long as it's clean and comfortable, the only time I'm in the hotel room is to change clothes or sleep. More money saved on room = more money for divin. :)

Seal,
More power to ya. The people going on this trip wanted Plaza Las Glorias or better. That's why there are so many different hotels, cuz there are so many different people with different wants.
I have never seen 3 two tank dives for 45.00 total.
I've been diving in Cozumel 5 times, and the dives were always 25.00 to 27.00 a dive.
Don't want to cause a stir on here. I was just hoping to add some Texas divers to the divers already going.
Here's the list.
1 man New Jersey
4 men from Chicago
1 woman from Denver
1 woman from Los Angels
1 man from San Fran
2 women from San Fran
3 women from Chicago
So as you see I was hoping to add Texas to the list. But maybe another time.

Natasha, for what it is worth, I was interested in your trip. However, because of the fact that I am currently out of work and simply do not have the funds for dive trip right now, I could not put my name in the hat for the trip. While I only speak for myself, I certainly hope you will continue to inform us Texans of any trips you are putting together.

Back
Top Bottom