Texas Divers.....HELP! What is Abilene Like?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjimboalaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wellllllll,
My lovely wonderful spectacular wife came home to tell me we are movong to Dyess TX. this summer.......Please tell me there is water close by.....:(

Abilene's only diving claim to fame is the missile silo, Valhalla. The area lakes are dreadfully murky.

BUT, you'll only be 3.5 hours from good diving at Lake Travis in Austin.

lmao....lake travis is good diving?

jimbo, coming to TX?

why?

AXL72:
lmao....lake travis is good diving?

Notice that I didn't say GREAT diving. As far as fresh-water lakes in Texas are concerned, Lake Travis is high on the list.

i know...

Wife was selected for commanders job. OMG......Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy exploring Texas(I'm an outdoorsman) and will enjoy having truck and trailer back, but I have gotten accustomed to diving 4 times a week(not trying to rub it in).
But, it was not even the top 25 on our list of places we would like to be.....(I am tying not to be whiney spouse)
It will probably be great for my kids, I've got to sell my boat.....
this will cost my wife a softtail classic at least..............

OMG moving from Hawaii to Abilene....are you in for a shock....I was born and raised in that part of the county....was not sorry to leave....

Close water???? Lake Amistad Del Rio....Possum Kingdom lake Ft Worth area...Blue Hole in New Mexico....Balmorhea in the Davis Mountains....missle silo and Lake Travis as mentioned.......Abilene is a long place from nowhere....:wink:

You will enjoy exploring Texas. Even better if you hunt.

The diving opportunities are a little more challenging. Best wishes to you and your family.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom