Texas river diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know... Have you ever seen how our streams and lakes can turn completely green once the weather warms up? Over fertilization of fields results in algea explosions. Maybe some plecos could help balance things out a bit. I think we get too cold for them to survive anyway.

I don't know... Have you ever seen how our streams and lakes can turn completely green once the weather warms up? Over fertilization of fields results in algea explosions. Maybe some plecos could help balance things out a bit. I think we get too cold for them to survive anyway.

It is a great idea but I guarantee something will go awry and cause a huge problem. In Texas they added tilapia to control weeds. Now the fish are considered a dangerous invasive species and have laws specifically targeting them. Gutting a tilapia (and grass carp) is listed right along with not disturbing endangered species. If I could have a long spear with anything besides a stunner tip survive more than a day I'd go after tilapia but the carp broke my "big game" spear. :depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom