Texas Swamp Dive Team Does Athens Scuba Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe that was the Criminal Justice building I'm thinking about...sure don't wanna stay there...lol...heard the food's no good...

gonna stay for dinner...and no driving after Budweisers...lol...will do cab thing...dont wanna drive two hours after dinner anyway...see ya there! :-}

Sealskin,

Next time you come across that deal, let the Swampster know. That sounds like something even a cheapskate like me could do. :)

was $100 less than other air-hotel packages...MLT I think...forgot now...air only is about that much...can't go anyway...it's terrible bein poor now...aint used to it...oh well, Athens it is this year...(if vis. is 30-40 ft. will beat hell outa Broken Bow lake...usually 10-12 at Broken Bow...was 6 ft. last time I was in Athens.)

In a lake.... Thats fantastic....boy when do we go. Broken Bow lake in Ok has great vis... we gotta do this...

I need a salt water fix.... BAD

Tom

jus gimme a holler, as long as the water temp. is above 80...lol...ya hit thermocline at about 25ft...Pat Mayse is closer to here, but only done free diving to about 15ft...vis. is mask...Is that my hand I see in front of my face?...I can't tell...

OK,
I'm headed that way (early) in the morning. Hope someone in Athens can tell me where the park is. (The website is down)
Gotta try this swamp diving stuff.......

See Ya!
Frank
Cell: (713) 829-7862

If ya coming in from south on hwy. 19 when ya hit 175 go east about 2 or 3 blocks then turn north on Murchison...the park is about 2 or 3 blocks down on the right...if ya get to 175 (that may turn into 31, can't remember) and Murchison jus go north...ya cant miss it...anyone should be able to tell ya...oh hell wif the directions...just goto the n.e. side of the square where the courthouse is and go east a couple of blocks to Murchison...then North...and the dive shop recommended the Spanish Trace motel...(I'll check it out when I get there...) It's just behind the park...$49 a nite...walkin distance...# is 1-800-488-5173.

Back
Top Bottom