Thailand in May???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafreaky

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How's the diving during this month?? What's the climate like?? I have read it's hot there and the diving is limited in May. Looking for some local perspective. We are planning a dive trip in May for 2 weeks and Phuket is right at the top. If Thailand isn't the place to go in May does ayone have an idea for me? I will be traveling with my wife (diver) and 2 year old son.

Early May can be one of the best times to dive. IF the weather holds out. The hottest temperatures, calmest seas are from March - May, but at some point the winds will pick up from the SW and so begins the low season. Sometimes it happens in late May, sometimes earlier. If the weather holds, a good time. I assume you have looked into hotels that can look after a 2 yr old when you are diving?

I've found a couple but I'm still looking regarding the kid. We are planning on leaving the states sometime after Apr 24th. Hopefully we can get there for the calm seas. What are the temps like that time of year?

scubafreaky:
Hopefully we can get there for the calm seas. What are the temps like that time of year?

Airtemp. up to 35 Celcius but often at sea a nice breeze. Watertemp. likely 29-30 Celcius. Thermoclines and upwellings can be as cold as 26 Celcius but are not all that common that time of year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom