Thailand liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikkelo

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I am considering going to Thailand next summer (July/August). Besides doing daytrips and relaxing my gilfriend and I would like to take a liveaboard (at least 4 days). We haven´t got a big budget, so we would like to get proposals and prices from the cheaper trips, and pros and cons :-s

have read a lot of threads and articles concerning the reef´s status, but would also like to hear from somebody who has been diving there recently.

Best regards
Mikkel Olesen

I booked my trip for my girlfirend and I this past April through Sea Bees Kata. The liveaboard was a boat from South Siam Divers. It was about $350 US for me and cheaper for my girlfriend as she was a non-diver. The boat was big and not too crownded. The room was very nice for a boat. The food and crew were excellent. Our liveaboard was to the Similan Islands and the reefs were in good condition. I did a day trip to Phi Phi Islands and they had some damage to the reef.
Enjoy your trip!

mikkelo:
Hi Guys!

I am considering going to Thailand next summer (July/August). Besides doing daytrips and relaxing my gilfriend and I would like to take a liveaboard (at least 4 days). We haven´t got a big budget, so we would like to get proposals and prices from the cheaper trips, and pros and cons :-s

have read a lot of threads and articles concerning the reef´s status, but would also like to hear from somebody who has been diving there recently.

Best regards
Mikkel Olesen

Hi Mikkel - July/August is not the ideal time to do a Liveaboard Cruise in Thailand. These cruises run from Mid Otober - mid May up 90 km's north of Phuket to the world famous Similan islands/Surin Islands (further north from the Similan's) and the southern dive sites from Phuket to Hin Daeng/Hin Muang.

Nevertheless the daytrips off Phuket still operate and many operators offer the Phi Phi Overnight cruise (2 days/1 night) which gives you the opportunity to dive at good sites that both Phuket and Phi Phi have to offer. 7 dives inc 1 night dive, all meals except for dinner on Phi Phi after the night dive and aircon accommodation inluded on Phi Phi. Costs around 222 U.S. dollars (prices might be cheaper during July/August). Equipment rental is around 15 U.S. per day if you need to hire.

Another possible option is that The Junk - the June Hong Chain Lee - might run 4 day/4 night Liveaboard cruises around the daytrip sites off Phuket.

Otherwise should you decide to alter your dates and come to Phuket around mid October onwards then some good value for money and reputable Liveaboard operators are:
MV Le Mahe
MV Jonathan Cruiser

Hope this info is of some help to you!
Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom