Thank you Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
VT3: 7 1/2 years, 1001 dives, 1048 hours, perfect :)
upload_2017-11-21_14-40-58.png

I think these are truly well made dive computers! I bought my wife the Oceanic VT 4.0 some time ago and it has been flawless. I have an Aeris Elite T3 (which is essentially the same computer) and have 600+ dives on it and it shows no signs of wear. Problem is that until it does, I cannot justify buying the Shearwater Perdix AI - :)

I'm a oceanic fan.

I just got a Pro plus 2 to replace my 2001 pro plus which lasted for 16 years then started having battery issues. Oceanic gave me a deal on the replacement. Since the Pro Plus line is air integrated I have the functionality of a very expensive computer for a fraction of the price, I just have it on a hose. The “dive time remaining” feature that calculates your time based on which is the least: gas time, nitrogen time, or O2, is awesome. In the beginning it’s always gas consumption which is is brilliant, and yeah I fly that baby in open water rather than plan my gas because it works really well and me doing math—NOT so much. I know I should be doing some SAC rate calculation but on a heaving boat I can barely add 2+2. Yeah it’s a crutch. So is a regulator! Besides when you watch that thing it teaches you to breathe more efficiently... you can watch your estimated dive time climb! Or if you ascend you can see the gas lasting longer. What computers did for multi-level diving that feature also does for gas consumption. Do any other computers do that?

Love the Oceanic PP2{hate it's QD & removed it}. Have about 700 dives on this one and it's just scratched up worse than baboon's butt. Week in and week out it's just a work horse.

had VT-3, got perfect offer, sold it. Bought again similar VT-3 after some month for cheaper price :) ... still with me (but much less dives, than 1k)
h-3788.jpg

I saw a super geared out cave diver type headed into the water at Ginny Springs wearing a Shearwater and his backup... an old Oceanic Pro Plus

Back
Top Bottom