Thanks, Dr Bill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeerCreekers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What a great day in Catalina today. Today, Deercreekers Jr and I met up with our good friend, Robert, who was going to help us with our first dives with our new Halcyon BP/Ws and Hog regs. My husband (Mr "I don't like cold water diving") decided to join us.

Catalina just never seems to disappoint. Sunny and warm(ish). Loved, loved, loved the new gear. Great day spend with family and friends. And Jr got to meet Dr Bill. Dr Bill, when was the last time you impressed a 15 year old? Well you did today. Dr Bill showed Jr some juvenile sargassum and gave him a short impromptu marine biology lesson (somehow Mark ended up tasting some.....and then somehow I ended up tasting some...still unclear how that came about).

Finished up the day with fish tacos and beer while waiting for the Ferry. Met up with Dr Bill again (maybe he was stalking us......or had some more seaweed to feed my kid) and after buying him a beer, got to hear stories of him being on Jacques Cousteau's boat, Alycone. Jr said as we walked back to the Catalina Express, "hey, today was like meeting a celebrity".

Someday, time spent under the water is not the best thing about a dive day

Ps- in case your wondering, tastes like edamame.

Yikes, I hope that doesn't mean I'm lumped in with the likes of Charlie Sheen! Now Natalie Portman, Penelope Cruz, Halle Berry and a few others I wouldn't mind being linked with!

I always enjoy the opportunity to spend time with fellow divers and appreciated the invitation to join your table after we left the park. Enjoy sharing what little I know about the marine life we encounter with others... and sharing a beer or two as well.

Just make sure Jr does not follow my example underwater... diving in a DIR rig (thanks Robert) without a weight belt and ascending feet first (in a wetsuit, not a dry suit) holding on to the line are not examples of good diving skills!

And Jr got to meet Dr Bill. Dr Bill, when was the last time you impressed a 15 year old? Well you did today.

I met Dr Bill during my only visit to Catalina Island. I'm not 15 years old and I was plenty impressed with Dr Bill. :D

Happy to hear your family and friends had such great time.

diving in a DIR rig (thanks Robert) without a weight belt and ascending feet first (in a wetsuit, not a dry suit) holding on to the line are not examples of good diving skills!

I thought that I was the only one that does it.

Glad to see that I am in the same camp with Dr. Bill.

... diving in a DIR rig (thanks Robert) without a weight belt and ascending feet first (in a wetsuit, not a dry suit) holding on to the line are not examples of good diving skills!

But it was entertaining to watch! :rofl3:

Shucks, I'm often considered entertaining.. even when I don't intend to be!

I met Dr Bill during my only visit to Catalina Island. I'm not 15 years old and I was plenty impressed with Dr Bill. :D

Happy to hear your family and friends had such great time.

And it's well past time for a return visit, Sam... or do I have to (gulp) travel to New Yawk City?

And it's well past time for a return visit, Sam... or do I have to (gulp) travel to New Yawk City?

Yes, I know I'm overdue for a west coast trip BUT regardless your presence is request in the northeast!! :D

Yes, I know I'm overdue for a west coast trip BUT regardless your presence is request in the northeast!! :D
Overdue! Holy Smokes, you promised a return visit two years running and still no Samalama:confused: (I think cold water diving scares her.. :wink: )

Overdue! Holy Smokes, you promised a return visit two years running and still no Samalama:confused: (I think cold water diving scares her.. :wink: )

:shocked2: Dave!!! That is simply not true about cold water diving. Look where I live!! :crying:

And you're embellishing the numbers, it's only been a year. I met you in 2009, so I was bad in 2010 by not visiting. 2011 just started so don't jinx me by rounding up to two years running without a visit comment. :scorned:

I promise to come visit the first chance I get on my schedule. Miss both Marian and you! :kiss2: :kiss2:

Back
Top Bottom