Thanks for a GREAT morning!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyfotodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Chicago, but dive in FL. Not true anymore, as I di
# of dives
200 - 499
Want to take the time and express my thanks to John and Brian of South Florida Diving. I went out with them last Friday - it was the only day I could dive - and they accommodated everyone on the boat. We divers were a mixed lot, including students with instructors and a couple of guys lugging 100CF+ EAN cylinders.

The scheduled first dive was on the Sea Emperor, but some of us were dropped on the United Caribbean, which is only about 350' or so SE of the Emperor. I screwed up my navigation and ended waaayyyy beyond the pick-up point. Had a long surface swim back to the boat.

For the second dive, some of us were dropped on the Ancient Mariner, some on the Berry Patch, and some on the reef close to the Berry Patch.

Everyone got what he/she wanted, and everyone was happy after the dive.

Sometimes, I an on a boat that is so rigid, I feel as if I am wearing a straight-jacket and not a wetsuit. This trip was a very positive experience.

Gary... I wish we knew you were there... We were on the small boat on Friday. :)

we would have loved to dive with you. Let Howard and me know when you are in town again and we can go. Just missed you, next time! South Florida Diving Headquarters does take care of their customers. All the staff their is awesome and accommodating.

Gary... I wish we knew you were there... We were on the small boat on Friday. :)

I thought about going on the small boat, but was told there were a number of "special needs" divers on it.

I am hard to miss, as I wear a big red T-shirt and shorts even in January when the Floridians are in sweaters, coats, long jeans, boots, etc.

Anyhow, I had a great time. These guys rate tops with me, and I am very picky about the boats I use.

Wait a minit... Didn't we meet at Our World Underwater in Rosemont, IL last February???

I was there too. What a great honor to be with those two brave, inspiring boys.
Is it ok if I post their picture?

I was there too. What a great honor to be with those two brave, inspiring boys.
Is it ok if I post their picture?

Sure... Just post it in the other thread.

Yes and Yes. We were diving on the other boat with 2 Marines who were injured in Iraq.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/op...nes-amputees-ft-lauderdale-aow-11-6-08-a.html

Oh H*** and Da*******, If I knew, I would have gone. I learned most of what is important in life from my older sister's boyfriends and her husband. All were Marines. Some of the boys did not return in one piece, or alive.

In 1968, when I was 16, my mom took us to St. Alban's Naval Hospital in Queens to visit a friend who was shot up very badly in Viet Nam. The Marine sentries wouldn't let me leave; they thought I was a patient trying to go AWOL. Looking back, it was rather funny. My mom eventually convinced them that I was only a junior in high school.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom