Thanks for all the Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetPro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I wanted to say thank you to the posters on the DIY forum for all the ideas, pictures, plans, web-links, advice, etc. I'm reasonably mechanical and I've wanted to work on my gear for a while. Using the threads on SB, I've downloaded manuals (frogkick), found repair kits online (DiveSports) and taken over responsibility for my own gear.

I just O2 cleaned a couple of tanks and rebuilt one of my Titan Regulators. There's an LPO on the bench now waiting for some Salt-X that I just ordered.

I've included pictures of a couple of items that should look very familiar to some of you. :D

In process:
Drysuit Dryer rack - scounging for a cheap blower.
Tank Tumbler - proof of concept built with spare roller blade wheels - It worked fine for hand rolling 2 AL80s for a 15 min O2 clean - looking for a "free" motor

Future projects - Now that I've read Vince Harlow's Oxygen Hacker's Companion, maybe a Nitrox mixing station :eyebrow:

Jeff

Attachments

• P5173036.jpg
    P5173036.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 60
  • P5173042.jpg
    P5173042.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 51
  • gauge.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 56
  • stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 59
  • roller.jpg
    roller.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 61
Great looking tumbler. Too bad you can't power it with a hamster on a treadmill. Maybe a stationary bike? You know, get in shape while you tumble your tanks.

Great looking tumbler. Too bad you can't power it with a hamster on a treadmill. Maybe a stationary bike? You know, get in shape while you tumble your tanks.

I'd rather get the hamsters in shape while I keep the couch down! :rofl3:

Seriously, your work is truly inspiring and everything you have is worth being extremely proud of. One negative comment: spare roller blade wheels? I would have hoped you said you destroyed your rollerblades with extreme prejudice to liberate the wheels after realizing skateboarding is the way to go on terrafirma. I love my Earth and like my self image: I ride an Element. :cool2:

Awesome work though. Oh, motor source: junk yard for a ceiling fan, a treadmill motor, or maybe a washer motor.

With kind regards (from DIY and a fellow scuba diver standpoints :eyebrow:),
Thomas

Back
Top Bottom