The beauty of buying an SRP filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Qasar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Or when you buy an SRP thing for the same price you discover US geography.
I ordered on internet a CYD filter from SRP, with a shipping to the country where I live, far away from there.
So order entered the 19th Jan, money out of the CC the 19th Jan. NO different shipping choice, just USPS.
Now here a copy of the tracking system:
January 29, 201310:33:00 LOS ANGELES, CA 90009PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
January 23, 201302:16:00 POCATELLO, ID 83202DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY
January 22, 201316:50:00 POCATELLO, ID 83202PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
January 22, 201315:35:00 IDAHO FALLS, ID 83402ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
January 21, 201308:47:00 83402Electronic Notification
As you can see 13 days after it is still in the US (on the wrong coast to come here...).
4 days for the first 50kms, then 6 for the next 1000 but not in the right direction, then stuck there since the 29th.
When I contacted SRP sales, they told me that it's normal for USPS, but as they don't offer any other shipment company:(

If you had looked through their FAQ's section, none of this would be a surprise to you.

Q: How long will the shipping take?
A: Standard shipping within the USA generally takes 3-4 days. International standard shipping generally takes 2-3 weeks, but can take up to 4 weeks. Tracking numbers are emailed when the items have shipped.

Q: My package looks like it is stuck in Los Angeles.
A: There is no tracking information available (with standard shipping) after a package has left the USA until it reaches the destination, which is why it will look like it is stuck in Los Angeles.

No such thing as the wrong coast either since airports exist on both sides of the country.

Thank you scubafield, I effectively missed the faq area as if in my remote country I was guessing that there were airports on both coasts. I said the wrong coast as there are no direct flight from west coast to here, so I expected next stop in east coast.
But seriously why a company shipping worldwide didn't offer UPS or fedex services?

UPS and Fedex costs a little fortune even for small items, probably more than the filter itself.

Toozler is correct about shipping charges with FedEx and UPS getting out of control fairly quickly when going over seas. As far as the flight thing, keep in mind that your filter is not flying in on a commercial plane that people would use. It will be loaded on plane intended for cargo only and they aren't limited to routes that passenger flights are. It can still be flown direct from the west coast.

What remote country? You know there are places to get them other than the States? I just bought one in Oz with free express shipping.. took 2 days

I live in South Africa and ordered the Blurfix3 SO naked adapter and URPro filter from the SRP website on the 14th of January. The package arrived today, so I'd say give them another week and see what happens. They were actually a week earlier than other international orders I've placed in the past so I'm very happy with their delivery time.

I ordered some Gopro products from expansys yesterday. No additional FeDex charges and was told I should receive today. They even call from Hongkong and confirm the order. At the same time, ordered Blurfix SO from SRP and was told to pay additional US65 for FeDex services but will receive in 5 days.

I am still thinking if I should just stick a piece of red film inside the housing like some people do. Any thoughts? that would save some unnecessary costs.

Thanks.

Thanks fbk. Sent Wetrez an email requesting for delivery date but they did not reply but the filters are higher priced than buying direct from SRP.

SRP just confirmed delivery by 7 February and charged me US39.90 for FeDex express.

The cost of the accessories have already exceeded the price of the camera. :shocked2::shocked2:

Back
Top Bottom