The Best Cake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly N Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
Chocolate chip bundt cake

1 box Yellow cake mix
1 package vanilla pudding.
4 eggs
1 c sour cream
½ c milk
½ c oil
1 tsp vanilla
12 oz chocolate chips
1 package Bakers Chocolate (the green one) grated

Mix everything except the chocolate. Beat for two minutes. Add grated chocolate and stir thoroughly, fold in chocolate chips. place in a greased and floured bundt pan Bake @ 350 for a little less than 50 minutes.

Sift powdered sugar over top if desired. Serve warm with ice cream

Enjoy!!!

Rich Chocolate Cake
200g of self raising flour
200g of dark soft brown suger
200g of butter
110g of good quality dark chocolate
1 tsp of vanilla essence
4 large eggs
pinch of salt

Preheat the oven too 180 c
and line 2 20ch shallow cake tins

Melt chocolate with 3 tbsp of water untill smooth and set to cool slightly

Cream butter and sugar untill light and fluffy

separate eggs and beat in the yolks (don't throw away the whites), vanilla essence and then add the melted chocolate.

Fold in the siften flour and salt

Wisk the egg whites untill light and fluffy (soft peaks as its usually termed) (use a hand wisk, it gets more air into the egg whites and produces more volume, but if your lazy you can use an electric mixer) and then gently fold the egg whites into the mixture

devide between two 20cm tins and back in oven for 20 - 25 minutes untill firm to the touch

let cool in tins!

Remove from tins and cut down length ways to make 2 round cake sections (you end up with 4 after both are cut)

Place ganashe between each layer (its just cream and chocolate melted to gether, allowed to cool and then wipped) and use extram ganashe unwipped for the topping, allow to set and eat!

mmm yummy (just be careful tho, if you cook it too long it goes very dry, you need to just be a little careful)

do you know how many grams are in a cup or vise versa?

Fly N Dive:
do you know how many grams are in a cup or vise versa?

I am stunned, my "Joy of Cooking" does not have this conversion but I did find this site

Enjoy.

thanks

Fly N Dive:
Chocolate chip cake

1 box Yellow cake mix
1 package vanilla pudding.
4 eggs
1 c sour cream
½ c milk
½ c oil
1 tsp vanilla
12 oz chocolate chips
1 package Bakers Chocolate (the green one) grated

Mix everything except the chocolate. Beat for two minutes. Add grated chocolate and stir thoroughly, fold in chocolate chips. Bake @ 350 for a little less than 50 minutes.

Sift powdered sugar over top if desired. Serve warm with ice cream

Enjoy!!!

I make a similar Chocolate version. It is sooooo good! Substitute chocolate fudge cake mix, small chocolate pudding and no grated chocolate or vanilla. Does yours go into a greased and floured bundt pan? Mine does.

I will try yours too for variety!

yea, just realized that it didnt say !!!!

Does anyone know how many cups 2.2 liters would be? Thx!

Natasha:
Does anyone know how many cups 2.2 liters would be? Thx!

Look at the very bottom of the chart Mike gave us. Looks like roughly 8.5 cups for 2.2 liters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom