The Best Cheap Action Cam Tray Light Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

First time poster!

I have just bought an insta360 one rs twin with the idea of using it's 4k mode for diving.

I know a huge amount of light is lost and that lights make a huge difference.

I however know nothing about lights and trays and of course after buying the insta360, have a limited budget.

I have my dive housing, made by insta360.

What are my best options? I don't mind buying a simple cheap rig for my 6 week asia trip in feb then upgrading after. I've seen some trays and suptig lights on amazon but have no clue if they're good or not.

Please educate me haha.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-28 at 9.12.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-28 at 9.12.28 PM.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 45
Hi Everyone,

First time poster!

I have just bought an insta360 one rs twin with the idea of using it's 4k mode for diving.

I know a huge amount of light is lost and that lights make a huge difference.

I however know nothing about lights and trays and of course after buying the insta360, have a limited budget.

I have my dive housing, made by insta360.

What are my best options? I don't mind buying a simple cheap rig for my 6 week asia trip in feb then upgrading after. I've seen some trays and suptig lights on amazon but have no clue if they're good or not.

Please educate me haha.

Many thanks!
First off, welcome aboard!

Most camera moubts use a 1/4-20 thread pattern, and these are widely available in stainless from the hardware store.

My personal preference is a loop of pipe (PVC, copper, whatever you are comfortable working with) that is large enough to enclose an action cam and a light. I mount the camera on the bottom and a panel type light upside down from the top. The full loop allows you to hold the rig from different angles, and alsp acts to steady it.

Getting buoyency right can be a challenge, but I love the flexobility of this rig.

I wanted a compact rig for my SeaLife Micro 3.0 so I got this little one piece aluminum bar and a Suptig 36 LED video light.
🐸

Attachments

• IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 38
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom