The best DM in Kapalai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know DM in Kapalai but I think you should not have much problem finding mandarin fish. When I told my DM on Mabul that I wanted to see Mandarin fish, he took us to Paradise 2 site around Mabul and as soon as we jumped off the boat and descented, the very first outcrop of corals had a whole bunch of mandarin fish. The only problem is that they are very skittish and you will have to be patient and wait for them to come out.

How to find mandarin fish in Kapalai
Gear up, jump off jetty, and wait, they are right by the dive shop.

Cant remember who we were diving with but they all seem pretty good'. There are a selection of exotic photos in the restaurant area and before every dive we would ask to see one of the creatures, and within 5 mins of the dive starting we saw it. So we learnt to point to more than photo before each dive. For the mandarin fish plan on a dusk dive about 5:45 - 6 O clock. But also check out the flamboyant cuttlefish

Is the resort in Kapalai good?

Because it has no aircons, is it too hot to sleep?

Is the food tasty?Or we have to prepare some cookies or drinks?

How many days worth to stay at Kapalai Resort?

Thanks.

Wasnt hot, there are fans and the rooms are on stilts over the water so very cool really.

Food was ok better than on Sipadan, not too bad but still basically standard asian food that suits anyone (good but boring after a few days if you know what i mean) Beware the home made Chilli, unless you are thai, only take a small amount this stuff kills.

We did a 7 days dive package which involved 3 nights on Sipadan and 4 on Kapalai, in that time we saw most things. You can of course spend whole time on Kapalai and ride over to sipadan, also Mabul which we also dived from Kap.

Kapalai much nicer resort than sipadan, if doing a package go to sipadan first then enjoy kapalai

I agree with Albion,

Stay in Sipadan first, see all the big stuffs, then head over to Kapalai, enjoy paradise and dive in Mabul. Kapalai is just amazing. The full length windows open out to the oceans with not a soul or boat in sight. Absolutely scenic.

p.s. plus, kapalai does not have much flies and the water is clean, not with a salty taste compared to sipadan. Contact Pulau Sipadan Resort if you wish a combination like what Albion has mentioned.

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom