The Brothers/Emperor Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a Ida's wreck in the brothers route. I must agree not many wrecks though. Asmaa is their smallest boat. I've just been back from a 2 weeks liveaboard with them, Asmaa and Serenity.

Bartyc:
David
I am also cosidering St Johns as opposed to Daedalus,Rocky and St Johns.Would be grateful for any information regarding sharks especially,or is the diving more pretty sites.

If you want sharks, then the Daedalous, Rocky and St John's itinerary is better than purely St John's. I've done both twice, and we saw far more sharks (hammers, silkies, oceanic whitetips, reef) on the Daedalous, Rocky and St John's trips. The St John's area is still great, but I prefer the sheer walls, strong currents and big stuff that you see around Daedalous and Rocky.

Emperor are a good operation, and the new boats – Serenity, etc, etc – are really among the top liveaboards currently operating, along with Royal Evolution and Blue Horizon and some of the Tornado Fleet.

The Brothers rock. I've dived them several times, and you get everything – strong currents, amazing soft coral growth, good shark action (threshers, silkies, reef, occasional hammers) and two wrecks (Numidia and Aida II). It can be quite challenging diving, so I would advise anyone doing it to be comfortable in strong, unpredictable currents, and be happy doing fast negative ascents from a zodiac.

Mark

MarkUK:
If you want sharks, then the Daedalous, Rocky and St John's itinerary is better than purely St John's. I've done both twice, and we saw far more sharks (hammers, silkies, oceanic whitetips, reef) on the Daedalous, Rocky and St John's trips. The St John's area is still great, but I prefer the sheer walls, strong currents and big stuff that you see around Daedalous and Rocky.

Emperor are a good operation, and the new boats – Serenity, etc, etc – are really among the top liveaboards currently operating, along with Royal Evolution and Blue Horizon and some of the Tornado Fleet.

The Brothers rock. I've dived them several times, and you get everything – strong currents, amazing soft coral growth, good shark action (threshers, silkies, reef, occasional hammers) and two wrecks (Numidia and Aida II). It can be quite challenging diving, so I would advise anyone doing it to be comfortable in strong, unpredictable currents, and be happy doing fast negative ascents from a zodiac.

Mark
Ditto to what Mark said. However, I believe we should include Elphinstone in the formula.
The best itinerary IMHO is Brothers - Daedalus - Elphinstone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom