The Dive Stop (New Melle)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got back from The Dive Stop a little while ago and I had a blast out there. It is nice to have a place so close to St Louis. Dave (the Owner) has some good plans for the place and is a nice guy to talk to. I hit 55 ft and water temp was 56 at the surface at 44 at depth today. Vis ranged from 5 to about 15 ft. With all the rain that we have had lately I really did not even expect that good. It was in the 15 ft range for anything above about 20 to 25 ft of depth and then after you got below that it started to get pretty murkey. There was 2 tiems that I actually hit the bottom before I even knew I was on the bottom.

Dave was talking about his plans for the place and asking for ideas, so it was nice to be able to chit chat with him about where he plans on taking this place. It will take some support from the local divers for improvements so I am asking everyone to go out there and check the place out for yourself. I am sure that you will enjoy it and see the great potential that this place has.

I am very interested to dive this when the weather has been good for a little while. I am sure that the vis will clear up a bunch...

Phil

Great report. I was there on Saturday and was able to get a couple dives in. I found three cars and a pickup as well as the cabin cruiser. Visibility was also about 5-15 feet which is pretty good considering amount of rain recently. In talking to Dave he said that they will be putting an airplane in as well as other items. He also said that they would be removing some of the sediment in some area to help clear up the water. I think that once we have a few weeks of dry weather that the visibility will greatly improve as the areas around the perimeter looked clear at the surface. As Phil said please take a look and let Dave know your thoughts.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom