The fastest DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

East West

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone interested in a DPV that can breach out of the water . The project is half complete and looking for a few serious DIY's to get involved . regards Charles

That would be cool. Problem is to build a DPV is very expensive, even DIY! To machine housings and all that stuff requires very large material and equipment and it all costs major $$$. What do you need DIY?

I like breaching my scooter :confused:

Hello 350xfire and to answer your questions about the expense . I have a few hulls , captured O ring plates , shroud and motor ready to assemble . I have tested a prototype steering control that has given good results for a advanced diver operation vehicle . The battery module and throttle control is where your electrical engineering is needed . I would like a Saft , Yausa type commercial lithium for optimum results which should make it a top contender and your interest is welcomed . regards Charles

Attachments

• IMGA0167.JPG
    IMGA0167.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 363
  • IMGA0175.JPG
    IMGA0175.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Hello 350xfire and to answer your questions about the expense . I have a few hulls , captured O ring plates , shroud and motor ready to assemble . I have tested a prototype steering control that has given good results for a advanced diver operation vehicle . The battery module and throttle control is where your electrical engineering is needed . I would like a Saft , Yausa type commercial lithium for optimum results which should make it a top contender and your interest is welcomed . regards Charles

Damn, that battery sounds super $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!! What type of specs on it? voltage and mah? I have a guys that does my batteries I can ask if he knows about those. Any links?
Sounds like a cool project. How are you going to safeguard that battery? May be an epoxy encapsulated pack? It's only money...

Hi 350 I called Yausa and did not expect to be able to purchace from them . It is a liability for a big company but a third party like my brotherinlaw who is a delta airline mechanic may work . The Yausa Rep. said the new Honda Civic hybrid will use them . I spoke with a small distributor of large lithium cells and has a excellent price . Give me a PM regards Charles

Hi 350 I called Yausa and did not expect to be able to purchace from them . It is a liability for a big company but a third party like my brotherinlaw who is a delta airline mechanic may work . The Yausa Rep. said the new Honda Civic hybrid will use them . I spoke with a small distributor of large lithium cells and has a excellent price . Give me a PM regards Charles

Charles, my battery guy does not deal with those... I wonder may be if junk yards in California (mainly) may have some wrecked electric vehicles. May be worth an on-line search!

i was thinking of building a scooter out of a 55lb thrust trolling motor and a car battery. i have a mill, lathe and mig welder so i can fab up some stuff no problem.

I posted some pictures in the DPV forum so you may copy that design and good luck . My new design for the big boy a 120 pound thruster really rocks and pushing very hard for completion . regards Charles

Cool, can't wait to see it. DId you figure batteries out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom