The Flower Gardens of Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The points of my arguements:

If you don't have any experience in salt water, the flower gardens is not the place to get it.

If you are not comfortable in the water and with your gear, FG is not the place to be.

If you want to completely blow off everything I write as alarmist dribble, feel free, it won't affect me. I don't have any say over who goes and who doesn't.

Yall have a good time. Early March to about mid April is hammer head season out there, the trade off is that only about one trip in ten goes due to weather.

TwoBit

chrpai:
Well if it happens again you give me a hollar and i'll hit some mud holes.

Well I've been meaning to get down to that little quarry/mudhole/whatever south of town so I can meet some TSDT folks, so I may take you up on that.

What are the temps like this time of year?

James Goddard:
Well I've been meaning to get down to that little quarry/mudhole/whatever south of town so I can meet some TSDT folks, so I may take you up on that.

What are the temps like this time of year?

I havent been there in Dec so I really don't know. I bet Dee knows though.

TwoBitTxn:
The points of my arguements:

If you don't have any experience in salt water, the flower gardens is not the place to get it.

If you are not comfortable in the water and with your gear, FG is not the place to be.

If you want to completely blow off everything I write as alarmist dribble, feel free, it won't affect me. I don't have any say over who goes and who doesn't.

I'm not completly blowing you off. If someone isn't comfortable with gear in water, they shouldn't be diving period. I'm not completely blowing you off, I'm just feel that people have a tendency to rate their dive sites like ski resorts rate their slopes. A black diamond at one resort, is not the same as a black diamond at another. Some resorts double diamonds wouldn't even rate as a blue square at others.

The cave divers, the cold water wreck divers, the ocean boat divers, the great lakes fresh water boat divers, the shore divers, the quarry divers, the cave divers, and even the cyberdivers all have to sound the alarm and warn people about how their diving is sooo hard.

Each type of dive does indeed present a different set of challenges. Challengers a diver may or may not be trained or have experience in, but I'm certainly not going to stay at the docks clinging to my DM.

Back
Top Bottom