The Keys and TD16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gatorpharm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have a trip planned to Key West next week, diving Tuesday to Friday (5-8th) and I was wondering if it would be worth going still. I know it will be hard to guess what it will do to vis and currents, but if anyone with experience in the area could chime in. Would rather not waste a flight and hotel to just sip drinks at Sloppy Joe's if you catch my drift. Thanks

That's what I was thinking after seeing the radar today. My dad was worried what might hapen to the vis and if it would clear. I talked to the dive shop and they said it has still been good. Thanks

That's what I was thinking after seeing the radar today. My dad was worried what might hapen to the vis and if it would clear. I talked to the dive shop and they said it has still been good. Thanks
It should be ok. But you can not rely on what a dive shop tells you specially in the Keys. They would say anything and take you in 6FT sea

It should be ok. But you can not rely on what a dive shop tells you specially in the Keys. They would say anything and take you in 6FT sea

That's a pretty ridiculous generalization, I don't know who you dive with but of the many dive ops I've used in the keys they have always been very straightforward with me regarding sea conditions.

That's a pretty ridiculous generalization, I don't know who you dive with but of the many dive ops I've used in the keys they have always been very straightforward with me regarding sea conditions.

I agree! In fact one time I went out with an op in seas that they wouldn't normally go out in, but the other party was a bunch of New Jersey divers, and 6 ft. seas are nothing to them!

I think that most of the Keys operators are TOO conservative!

ridiculous generalization?? Speak for yourself. I stand by what I said. One should not rely ONLY on what a Dive OP tells you about sea condition. There are 100s of web sites that tell the sea condition

ridiculous generalization?? Speak for yourself. I stand by what I said. One should not rely ONLY on what a Dive OP tells you about sea condition. There are 100s of web sites that tell the sea condition

That there are, and I check and double check conditions before I go, that said your generalization about Keys Dive ops being dishonest about conditions is completely innacurate from my fairly extensive experience diving down there. If you want to finger a single op for misleading advice based on a personal experience have at it, you made it out to sound as if every keys dive op will lie about sea conditions to get you on their boat. I stand behind my statement 110%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom