The Keys Lobster Diving Info ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warm, relatively clear and shallow. Most of my Keys diving has been from Largo down to Islamorada. Upper keys only. You can do deep wrecks but most reefs are in the 20-40' range. Easy stuff if the current cooperates. Have fun and dive safe.

You'll love it! Warm, clear water, great vis. Beautiful reefs and fish and lots of wrecks depending upon where you're going. As for the lobsters, they'll be picked over pretty good by now. You'll work hard to find keepers, unless you're just lucky. If the boat captain will cooperate, just cruise out to a depth between 30 and 60 feet, in an area not frequented by commercial vessels, find some structure and check it out. This depth eliminates a lot of free divers and snorkelers and you'll have a better chance of finding keepers. I'd say you're waisting your time in the shallows by now, but that's just my opinion. Enjoy the hunt, whether the catch is any good or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom