The lion fish is moving south... And fast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arturo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
On January of 2010 I reported on this forum the first confirmed sight of a Lion Fish in Venezuela. Six months after that, I regret to report that I personally saw yesterday another juvenile Lion Fish in Venezuelan waters. Worst yet, I saw it in Chichiriviche de La Costa, latitute 10 degress, 33', 2.14" NORTH; longitude 67 degrees, 14', 13.25 " WEST. So it seems the creature is doing progress South-East real fast, towards Guyana and Brazil.

Hello Arturo,

it seems quiet a surprise that you a just talking of one you saw, because here in Taganga / Colombia you can see quiet a lot after they showed up here.
By the way, which temp you have there.

Max

Max:

I have no reason to doubt that the lion fish colonized first Taganga, Colombia. The point is that the creature is moving west very fast. It took it less than six months to travel about 400 km, from Morrocoy to Caracas beaches in Venezuela.

As per the water temp, is about 27 C from July to September.

Back
Top Bottom