The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My interest has not fallen. But, I am very happy that I have been diving regularly since I got my TFX in September and only 16 out of the 48 dives I've done have been on open circuit. And 12 of those were on doubles. Only 4 OW checkout dives on single tank for the TFX, so far.

I love it, but it's really only for teaching OW and when I go on recreational dive vacations. I.e. not very often. I did one week in Aruba in 2023 on single tank. For 2024, I think I'm going to have no recreational dive vacations at all. Just 2 weeks on CCR in Truk Lagoon.

I know. Don't cry for me, Argentina. LOL!

I'm just waiting for the release of the second stage alone to buy another.
Once kits and schematics become available, I'm hoping for more debate...

I am also waiting for the “stand-alone” 2nd stage to be released. I “lost” my TFX to my OW-certified 13 year old granddaughter!!

I think I'm going to have no recreational dive vacations at all. Just 2 weeks on CCR in Truk Lagoon.
You poor thing. [Insert sarcasm imoji] . :wink:

Are you guys planning to have 2 x TFX 2nd stages on the same 1st stage? I.e. TFX for primary and another TFX for secondary/octo?

Or are you aiming to buy a standalone TFX 2nd stage to mate with a 1st stage you already have, to become the primary 2nd stage on that reg set, but with a non-TFX as your secondary/octo?

While I like standardizing for parts logistics, I think a Ti2 is more compact and my preferred secondary/octo. There are many posts on various forums suggesting that the backup reg must be of equal quality, but I'd say the backup reg must be of sufficient quality to get you out safely.

It should be reliable, compact (does not catch on things) and an excellent performer, so for me it'll probably be the Ti2, based on size. But I am curious to hear experiences from you guys with the TFX in your hands, and obviously I might change my mind once I try it myself.

Are you guys planning to have 2 x TFX 2nd stages on the same 1st stage? I.e. TFX for primary and another TFX for secondary/octo?

YES!

I may not be beautiful BUT I am definitely worth it ❤️

Or are you aiming to buy a standalone TFX 2nd stage to mate with a 1st stage you already have, to become the primary 2nd stage on that reg set, but with a non-TFX as your secondary/octo?
That would be a waste of money - if someone is dumb enough to run low on air, they can breathe off my measly B2 octo :)... including me...

While I like standardizing for parts logistics, I think a Ti2 is more compact and my preferred secondary/octo. There are many posts on various forums suggesting that the backup reg must be of equal quality, but I'd say the backup reg must be of sufficient quality to get you out safely.

It should be reliable, compact (does not catch on things) and an excellent performer, so for me it'll probably be the Ti2, based on size. But I am curious to hear experiences from you guys with the TFX in your hands, and obviously I might change my mind once I try it myself.

"The plan" - TFX Primary, Ti2 Secondary and Pony/stage on Mk11T 1sts.

I don't think I could get much better for the combination of size/weight/performance/corrosion-resistance/endurance.

Now, I just need to save to be able to go diving again. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom