The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• 2017-10-02 20.33.20.jpg
    2017-10-02 20.33.20.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 2017-10-02 20.32.03.jpg
    2017-10-02 20.32.03.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 125
I like the way that wing looks! It looks longer and narrower than my HOG. More streamlined. And I like how the inflator is over to the left instead of in the center.

I like the way that wing looks! It looks longer and narrower than my HOG. More streamlined. And I like how the inflator is over to the left instead of in the center.
Basically 12" wide and 24" long not inflated.

Weird that it has butt dumps on both sides, though.

No harness or straps yet, but seems to fit nicely with the Mares XR 22lb. The Argonaut 18lb wing is on the way from VDH. Will post pics of that when it arrives.

View media item 203868
View media item 203869
Looks like it bolts right up no issues. Is it pretty much roll control cushion free then? I can't really tell by looking at it. Is the top bolt pretty much used up and no excess showing above the nut? I tried to find a nut that gave about 1/8" of extra thread with the bracket bolted directly to the plate. I figured that a wing grommet would take up about 1/8" or so of the extra threads and the nut and bolt would end up even.
That's really my only concern with this newly designed removable tank bracket, is not to have the top bolt sticking out to scarf up someone's tank.

Boy, that Mares wing sure is a skinny long sucker eh?

I just ordered a 18 VDH wing myself today. Can't wait!
I'm going to use it here in my beloved 48 degree water with a steel 72.

Basically 12" wide and 24" long not inflated.

Sounds like it's nearly the same dimensions as the VDH Argonaut 18# wing (which also looks really nice).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom